Below is a healthy 1-week sample menu for improving your digestive health.
It focuses on incorporating foods that promote the growth of healthy gut bacteria while removing foods that are notorious for causing uncomfortable digestive symptoms.
Some menu items contain sauerkraut, a type of fermented cabbage that is easy, simple, and inexpensive to prepare.
- Breakfast: blueberry, banana, and Greek yogurt smoothie
- Lunch: mixed green salad with sliced hard-boiled eggs
- Dinner: beef and broccoli stir-fry with zucchini noodles and sauerkraut
- Breakfast: omelet with veggies of your choice
- Lunch: leftovers from Monday’s dinner
- Dinner: seared salmon served with a fresh garden salad
- Breakfast: blueberry, Greek yogurt, and unsweetened almond milk smoothie
- Lunch: salmon, egg, and veggie frittata
- Dinner: grilled lemon chicken salad with a side of sauerkraut
- Breakfast: gluten-free oatmeal with 1/4 cup of raspberries
- Lunch: leftovers from Wednesday’s dinner
- Dinner: broiled steak with Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes
- Breakfast: kale, pineapple, and unsweetened almond milk smoothie
- Lunch: beet, carrot, kale, spinach, and brown rice salad
- Dinner: baked chicken served with roasted carrots, beans, and broccoli
- Breakfast: coconut-papaya chia pudding — 1/4 cup of chia seeds, 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk, and 1/4 cup of diced papaya
- Lunch: chicken salad with olive oil
- Dinner: roasted tempeh with Brussels sprouts and brown rice
- Breakfast: mushroom, spinach, and zucchini frittata
- Lunch: sweet potato halves stuffed with spinach, turkey, and fresh cranberries
- Dinner: grilled chicken wings with a side of fresh spinach and sauerkraut