Thursday, August 2, 2018

Self love





 self-lovee has often been seen as a moral flaw, akin to vanity and selfishness.[1] The Merriam-Webster dictionary later describes self-love as to "love of self" or "regard for one's own happiness or advantage".   However, throughout the centuries this definition has adopted a more positive connotation through self-love protests, the Hippie era, the new age feminist movement as well as the increase in mental health awareness that promotes self-love. this is now concider a desirable rather than a narcissistic characteristic


  but most people still have no clue what that even means! It really means something different for each person, because we all have many different ways to show that we love ourselves. The real question is, why should we even care? I realized the incredible importance of loving yourself unconditionally. Not just when you are your perfect shining self.
When your cooking totally rocks, you’re having one of those awesome hair days, you say the right things, you smash out your work and personal projects, you light up the room and bluebirds follow you everywhere.
You have to love yourself on the bad days too.
I've found that when I feel my lowest, when my body has been the most sick and when I am bombarded with the most self-deprecating thoughts, the only thing to pull me up and out is drenching myself in self-love.


 Know that your body is a loving vessel.
Treating your body like a loving vessel will not only boost your self-love, but also your energy. Be intentional about what you put into your body, not only because you want to look good but because you want to feel good. Feeding your body nutrient-rich foods will have you oozing love out of every pore.

I choose to feel good about myself each day.

I like many things about myself. I am fun, interesting, intelligent, and kind. With so many positive attributes, it is easy for me to have a positive opinion of myself.

I am proud of myself and strive to be even better each day.

I do have flaws. After all, I am human! I can still feel good about myself. I realize that the parts of me that lack perfection help make me unique and are just as valuable as my best parts.

I accept that everyone has flaws and weaknesses. That includes me, too. I focus on my strengths.

On those rare occasions I do feel bad about myself, I remind myself how wonderful I truly am. I list my positive qualities and all the successes I have enjoyed throughout my lifetime.

My positive qualities grow each day, and my successes are increasing in number.

I make it a point to help others feel good about themselves, too. Everyone deserves to feel good about themselves. I make the world a better place when I feel good about myself and I help others to do the same.

Today, I make a conscious choice to feel good about myself. I am pleased with the person I am and the person I am becoming.

Self-Reflection Questions:

1. What are my best qualities? Why do I consider those qualities to be my best?
2. How does it affect my life when I feel bad about myself?
3. When I feel good about myself, how does it impact my day? How can I feel good about myself more often?

 Know that your body is a loving vessel.
Treating your body like a loving vessel will not only boost your self-love, but also your energy. Be intentional about what you put into your body, not only because you want to look good but because you want to feel good. Feeding your body nutrient-rich foods will have you oozing love out of every pore.

No comments:

Post a Comment