INGREDIENTS FOR HOMEMADE COUGH LOLLIPOPS
1 C. honey, regular or organic
1 package of Wilton candy sticks
Large baking sheet
Non-stick cooking spray
DIRECTIONS FOR HOMEMADE COUGH LOLLIPOPS
1. Lay your parchment paper down on the large baking sheet and evenly coat with non-stick cooking spray. This will keep the lollipops from sticking while hardening.2. Lay the candy sticks down next to each other a few inches a part across the parchment paper.
3. Add a few ice cubes to a small glass and fill with water and set aside.
4. Add the honey into a small saucepan and heat through. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously until the temperature of the honey reaches 300 degrees. You can test this by adding the candy thermometer to the cooking honey.
5. Once the honey has reached 300 degrees you can test the honey by putting a few drops into the ice water. If the honey hardens immediately upon touching the surface of the water you are good to go.
6. Slowly pour the heated honey onto the top portion of the Wilton candy sticks. Use a large spoon if needed.
7. Repeat until all the honey is used.
8. Let the lollipops harden for several hours and then store them in an airtight container in the fridge. Note: I did not set mine in the fridge and they became very sticky overnight.