- 1 organic, pasture-raised whole egg
- 1 tsp. organic Dijon mustard
- ¼ + 1/8 tsp. fine Himalayan salt
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1¼ tsp. organic apple cider vinegar
- In a small food processor, mix the egg, mustard and salt with the processor still running; add the coconut oil, drop by drop, until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Without stopping the machine, add the remaining oil in a thin stream.
- When the oil has been incorporated, slowly add the cider vinegar. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- The mayonnaise will keep three to five days in the refrigerator. Note that this recipe can be halved — to divide an egg when cutting a recipe in half, first beat the egg, and then measure out half of the egg. Save the rest for another use.
- 6 oz. organic tomato paste
- ¼ cup organic honey
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice (a squeeze)
- ¼ cup water (you can add more if you want it runnier)
- ¾ tsp. Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- Whisk the ingredients together and add to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often. Let cool.
- Store in a glass container or jar. Remember that this ketchup doesn’t contain preservatives so it won’t keep as long. It will keep for up to two weeks in the fridge.
JOIN MY EMAIL LIST AND GET MY FREE 5-DAY EATING GUIDE