- Exercise at home to a DVD or television program. Many cable-television providers have an "on demand" exercise channel from which you can access fitness programs.
- Log some miles by walking at your local mall. Most malls open early for walkers. There may even be a mall-walking club to join.
- Put on some music and dance in your living room. Or better yet, improve your moves by enrolling in a dance class at your local community center or adult-education program. There are many options available, from ballroom dancing to hip-hop, Zumba, salsa and belly-dancing.
- Try something new at your gym. Take the opportunity to try a new class at your gym, or rediscover an old favorite. The options are endless: kickboxing, Pilates, weight training, yoga, spinning and more.
- Take advantage of indoor facilities. Swim laps in the pool, log some miles on the treadmill, or find a partner and play a game of racquetball. Reward yourself with time in the steam room.
- Build strength by using the weight machines at your local fitness center. If you don't belong to a fitness center, build strength at home by using hand weights or resistance bands.
Don’t forget that every effort to move more gets you one step closer to a happier, healthier lifestyle. Exercising indoors may not always be ideal, but keep your weight loss goals in mind when motivation is lacking!