MAKES One 10-inch pizza
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOKING TIME 25 minutes
EQUIPMENT Parchment paper, high-speed electric blender or food processor
Crust option 1: Sunflower Seed (or Cashew)
1 cup raw sunflower seeds or raw cashew nuts
½ cup filtered room temperature water
2 tablespoons whole psyllium husk
1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Pulse the sunflower seeds in the blender until the
- consistency of flour.
- In a large bowl, combine the pulsed sunflower seeds
- with the water, psyllium husk, olive oil, and salt and
- knead with your hands. The dough will be runny.
- Line a baking tray with the parchment paper, place
- the dough on the parchment paper, and spread it
- using your fingertips to form a round 10-inch crust.
- If the dough sticks to your fingers, dip them in water
- and continue.
Topping Option 1: Medicinal Mushroom Topping
2 tablespoons Herbal Pesto (page 288)
¾ cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
¾ cup sliced maitake or oyster mushrooms
½ cup thinly sliced leek, white part only
1½ teaspoon dried tarragon
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and finish with the topping of your choice.
- In a circular motion, spread the pesto onto the crust.
- In a medium bowl, add all of the remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
- Spread the mushroom mixture evenly over the crust.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve right away.