Monday, February 26, 2018

Metabolism-boosting protein smoothies











In fact when a new client comes to me  one of the very first things I have them do is start on what I call my "Magic green smoothie".  A few episode back I did share the recipe with you.  Real quickly here, just for any new listeners the recipe  its just a couple of handfuls of spinach, a handful of kale, a handful of arugula, and either a 1/2 cup of berries or you could add something called "stevia berry". Stevia berry taste just like berries without the sugar and you should be able to find it in any health food store.   Or you can click on my amazon click located in the show notes and order from my store. Finish your smoothie by just adding a cup of any unsweetened liquid of your choice and blend. Once my client gets started on this simple green smoothie I may customize it so as to meet the needs of each client individually. For example, a client may be suffering from inflammation therefor we could add collagen power, MSM or even turmeric power to the smoothie. and so on.

I don’t know about you, but if you’re anything like me or my clients, finding, preparing, and eating nutritious meals at EVERY meal of EVERY can be tricky to say the least. But I want to share some great news with you: Not ALL of your meals have to be food meals.

In fact, healthy eating may not get any easier than the secret weapon that I’m about to share with you: A metabolism-boosting protein smoothie!
That’s right, you can enjoy delicious and nutritious smoothies, packed with metabolism-boosting protein, healthy fats, fresh fruits, and even vegetables, which provide fiber and all-important, health-promoting micronutrients.
In fact, nearly every one of my clients drinks 1 – 2 tasty, easy-to-make metabolism-boosting smoothies per day as a meal replacement.
In a recent randomized control trial published in the Nutrition Journal, researchers from the University of Illinois at Chicago found that overweight women who combined two metabolism-boosting protein smoothies just like I’m talking about along with a balanced dinner each day for 8 weeks lost 56% more weight and TWICE as much belly fat as women who followed a standard food-based reduced-calorie diet. Amazing!
Unfortunately, most smoothie-shop smoothies are a health and weight loss nightmare. They contain way more calories than you expect, and they’re loaded with sugar, which is linked with obesity, weight gain, and health complications. Would it surprise you that these smoothies contain as much as THREE TIMES more sugar than a can of soda and the equivalent of 25 teaspoons?
They are barely different than a fast-food milkshake! On top of that, they generally void of both fiber and protein.
You see, protein revs up your calorie-burning metabolism, helps keep you feeling fuller longer, reduces appetite, fights cravings, improves blood sugar, and accelerates fat loss while building sexy, toned muscles.
So, how do I go about making these metabolism-boosting protein smoothies? Great question! Here’s the exact template that my clients and I use:
  • 2 – 3 scoops of high-quality protein (providing 25 – 30+ grams of protein)
  • 2 fists full of frozen veggies (I use spinach; I promise, it’s tasteless!)
  • 1 – 2 cupped handfuls of carbs (e.g., berries, banana, oats)
  • 1 – 2 thumb-sized portions of fats (e.g., mixed nuts, avocado, coconut oil)
  • Liquid (e.g., water, unsweetened almond milk or skim milk)
Tip: put your bags of spinach, kale or any of your leafy greens in the freezer. By freezing them they will keep longer and add coolness to the smoothie, so then you won't have to add ice.

If you’re craving something sweet and need a snack to quickly nip it in the bud, a smoothie can be a great option.
The sweetness of the fruit combined with the filling effects of yogurt can satisfy your need for something sweet, all while providing lots of beneficial nutrients.
If you’re having a smoothie, make sure you use the whole fruit, not just the juice, so you can retain the healthy fiber.

JOIN THE E-mail List, GET THE 48-HOUR GREEN SMOOTHIE CHALLENGE  HERE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment