- 1 cucumber, quartered
- 12 kumato tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2–3 green onions, chopped
- a chiffonade of 8 basil leaves
- 2–3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon himilayan pink salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Mix the dressing together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the salad ingredients.
- Drizzle on the dressing, mix together thoroughly and serve.
Not only is this recipe a great summer salad alternative, but it’s also completely gluten-free, Paleo and vegan and vegetarian-friendly, too. Cucumber is naturally cooling, so eating this salad or other cucumber recipes in the hot summer months is a great way to prevent dehydration and overeating, while promoting detoxification and healthy digestion.