How to make Chicken Salad Recipe?
A LIGHT & EASY CRANBERRY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE that takes 15 minutes to make, high in protein and gluten free! This healthy Chicken Salad is made with yogurt, dijon mustard, herbs, and fresh lemon then tossed with pecans and cranberries. Perfect for a quick lunch!
Can you make Chicken Salad without mayo?There are plenty of other options to use in place of mayonnaise.
- Plain yogurt
- Greek yogurt
- Dijon mustard
- Homemade Vinaigrette
- Cook your chicken: boil it, saute it, grill it or buy rotisserie chicken.
- Shred or cube your chicken.
- Place prepared chicken in a large bowl with green onions, pecans, fruit of your choice (cranberries or grapes) and celery.
- In a small bowl add yogurt, dijon mustard, fresh herbs, smoked paprika, garlic and lemon juice. Mix together.
- Pour yogurt mixture over chicken and toss to coat the chicken with the sauce until all the ingredients are combined.
Now, if you’re on a low carb diet, you might want to serve it in lettuce cups because apples do tend to have quite a bit of carbs. (good carbs, but carbs none the less)
Or, you could just eat it plain. There are 26 grams of protein per serving so it’s a great protein burst and low carb if you eat it by itself.
I love how easy this chicken salad is to whip together … ahem 15 minutes people and it’s a great meal prep lunch for the week.
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked & shredded
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (I used siggis)
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dry sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 apples, thinly sliced
- To a small bowl, add plain yogurt, dijon mustard, garlic clove, sage, thyme, smoked paprika and lemon juice. Stir together until combined. Set aside.
- To a large bowl add shredded chicken, celery, pecans, green onion and cranberries. Pour the yogurt sauce over and mix everything together.
- Top each slice of apple with 2 tablespoons of chicken salad.