The truth is there is no “one-size-fits-all” approach that's going to work for everyone, and figuring out the most nourishing diet and lifestyle for YOU isn’t easy.
There are many factors that go into finding your unique balance, such as your family ancestry, body type, personal preferences, life circumstances, schedule, location, access to resources, and much more. Putting it all together in a way that makes sense and allows you to thrive requires a personal touch from someone knowledgeable and supportive. That’s where a Health Coach comes in!
A Health Coach can help you sort out truth from fiction, provide you with customized information that’s relevant to you and your individual challenges or goals, and most importantly give you the opportunity to ask questions and speak freely in a supportive environment.
Here are 6 signs you would benefit from the help of a Health Coach:
1. You feel like something might be off with your health, but you’re not sure what it is.
In addition to consulting your primary care provider, working with a Health Coach can help you dig deeper into what you’re experiencing, get to the root of your imbalance, and find new ways to help you feel your best again. From fatigue and low energy to acne and digestive issues, Health Coaches guide clients through listening to their bodies and making sustainable lifestyle adjustments to fix seemingly minor issues that may have major effects on health!
2. You’re more likely to accomplish goals when you have guidance and accountability.Whether it’s having trouble addressing your cravings, finding the motivation to keep up with your fitness routine, or getting inspired to be more creative in the kitchen, a Health Coach can help you establish the structure you need to make progress toward your goals. Regular check-ins with a Health Coach will help you feel accountable for the health decisions you make in a way that is motivating and encouraging.
3. You want to improve your diet and lifestyle but you’re not sure where to begin.
One day you’re vegan, the next day you’re paleo, and the day after that you’re sure that Mediterranean is the way to go. Sound familiar? A Health Coach can help you take the pressure off perfection and simply take things one step at a time. Integrative Nutrition Health Coaches are trained in over 100 dietary theories, and can guide you towards an eating plan that works best for your mind, body and soul.
4. You’re tired of dieting, deprivation, and the frustration that comes with trying to lose weight.If you’ve tried every diet under the sun and are fed up with feeling discouraged, a Health Coach will help you reconnect with your primary goals and what’s preventing you from achieving them. Health isn’t just about nutrition – in fact, weight loss comes with a variety of lifestyle related challenges that a Health Coach can help you safely address so you can shed the weight for good.
5. You want to become a more positive health influence on the people around you.Your first priority should be to establish healthy habits for yourself, and through that process you will inevitably become a positive role model for the people around you. A Health Coach can help you refine your own health and through that process, provide you with ways to inspire others along your journey, whether it’s your family, your community, or those whose lives you touch through your work.
6. You’re looking for a more personal approach to health from a caring individual who has your best interest at heart.If you’ve exhausted the Internet and find yourself overwhelmed with all the information out there and are unsure where to begin your wellness journey, a Health Coach is definitely for you. He or she will help you create a personalized roadmap to health that prioritizes simple methods that will support you to find lasting health and happiness.
If you’re interested in taking the next step, search for Health Coaches in your area and simply reach out to begin the conversation of discovering whether they’d be a good fit for you. You can usually schedule a consultation and even speak with a few Health Coaches until you find the one that feels right for you.