Strategies for Optimizing Your Skin Health (and Other Areas)Drinking water with lemon added to it and/or placing few teaspoons of apple cider vinegar into water to drink on a daily basis, as well as drinking the right amount of water for your body, are easy strategies for optimizing your health.
Eating plenty of vegetables will also go a long way toward optimizing your skin, because the antioxidants in them fight free radicals and support your immune and mitochondrial systems. Bulletproof adds that supporting your health on the inside helps keep you looking vibrant on the outside, and in addition:
“Fat from healthy sources like grass fed butter, olive oil, and Brain Octane Oil [concentrated MCT oil] help shuttle nutrients into your cells and keep cell membranes working at top speed. Protein and collagen from grass-fed and pastured animals provide the amino acid building blocks that keep your skin plump and your hair and nails strong.”8Key supplements also kick in nutrients you can't always get through your diet, including:
- Collagen peptides, which help repair your skin as well as your hair and nails, plus it treats leaky gut.9
- Vitamin C helps your body synthesize new collagen and protects your skin from excess sun rays, inflammation and oxidative stress.10
- Glutathione makes its own antioxidants, but also helps your body rid itself of toxins, which discourages acne.11
- Resveratrol contains polyphenols that are worth their weight in gold for protecting you from signs of aging. That also goes for your skin, as they also help protect against excessive sun damage.12
- Caffeine reduces inflammation and calms redness, increases your circulation and repairs sun damage, as well as your DNA.13 While I don't recommend taking a caffeine supplement, organic black, shade-grown coffee is one potential source.
Shop Collagen Here