Pumpkin Spice Latte is a warm, delicious treat we like to bust out during colder months; but it’s not ideal for everyday. For your best performance all day long, stick with your classic Bulletproof Coffee. Makes: 4-6 cups
Shop Coffee & Tea at Bulletproof.com
- 1 ¼ cup full fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. Brain Octane Oil
- 3 tbsp. organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp. grass-fed unsalted butter or ghee
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Optional: 1-2 tsp. xylitol or stevia (to taste)
- Optional: 2 tbsp. raw whipped cream or whipped coconut cream on top
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Over medium heat, simmer for approximately five minutes. Stir well to evenly blend spices and oils.
- In a high-speed blender, add 2 1/2 cups Bulletproof coffee (brewed strong), add pumpkin spice mixture from saucepan – blend on high for 30 seconds until creamy and frothy.
- (Option: if you don’t have a blender, add premade coffee to pumpkin mixture and use a hand blender in saucepan – blend till smooth and frothy.)
- Optional: add xylitol, monk fruit, stevia, or other natural sweetener.
- Optional: add raw cream/whipped cream on top for a special treat, if you can find it!
*** A quicker hack would just be to add a couple of tablespoons of pumpkin pie filling to your morning cup of Bulletproof Coffee. It’s tastier than it sounds.
It’s important to feel like you can have a treat now and then without spiraling into a blood sugar mayhem. Stick to this recipe and the healthy fats will give you energy for hours and the mini dose of pumpkin adds some nutrients to your morning.